Fly with us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Aviation Mall



Flight School Association of North America
Regal Insurance
AOPA Click for the BBB Business Review of this Flight School in Lakeland FL Lakeland Linder Airport Sun 'n Fun

International Students

This School Is Authorized Under Federal Law To Enroll Nonimmigrant Alien Students

Flight Training

Learn to fly, with us, and get your private pilots license in two weeks!

Our Accelerated Private Pilot license or certificate, as its actually called, is only possible with dedication and hard work.

Click Here to Contact Us

Students Requiring an M-1 Visa

The application process for international students requires a few steps.

Students who are legally living in the US on a valid Visa may not need to apply for an M-1 Visa.

Each Visa type is different.

Some visas allow flight training, while in the USA, other require that they get an M1.

People with Green Cards do not need and M-1 Visa. Canadians need an I-20, but do not need an M-1 Visa.

The best thing to do is contact us, so we can help you to make the process easier. Each individual is different and we need to make sure that we are conforming to all the rules.

For more information on the process of gaining TSA approval, click here.

If you require an M-1 Visa, you must receive clearance from the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) by submitting a SEVP I-20 Application to Tailwheels Etc. Once you have completed this application and paid the application fee ($150), an I-20 will be mailed to you. Upon receipt of the I-20, you can make an appointment with your US Embassy or Consulate to obtain your M-1 Visa. You should apply for the Visa at least 120 days prior to your program start date. Once you receive the Visa, you may enter the United States no earlier than 30 days prior to your program start date.

How to Apply


International students must complete the following steps to attend Tailwheels Etc. Flight School:

  • Fill out a Tailwheels Etc. Student Application.
  • We will fill out a SEVIS I-20 Application for you and submit it(students requiring an M-1 Visa). The student must pay the $150 processing fee.
  • Prior to the I-20 being processed, International students must fax or email copies of their passport and drivers license, date of birth, country of birth, address and phone number and proof of their ability to pay for their room and board, while they are in the USA. (This may be a current copy of a bank statement, in the student's name or tax records.)
  • When we receive the $1,000 deposit to reserve course time and the dates the student plans to train, we Fed-Ex the I-20 to them.
  • Complete an on-line application for TSA clearance (to train in the US) at
  • Make an appointment to bring your I-20 to your US Embassy or consulate to obtain the M-1 Visa. You must bring the ORIGINAL I-20, signed in ink, to take to your appointment with the Embassy. Student must have completed the I-901 online and have paid for the I-20. You must bring these receipts with you to your embassy appointment.
  • Student should schedule an appointment for fingerprinting, in their country of origin. If you wait until you get to the USA, it will add and additional 5-10 days before you can start training.

Please click the button below, and fill out the form with the required information.

Click for the Application

More Information/Help

Links to specific Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):

Additional links for more information:


We will send a student information packet to you, upon receipt of your completed form.

We look forward to flying, with you, in Sunny Florida

Flying Lesson

para obtener informaciĆ³n en espaƱol


Helpful Links For International Students

Student Visa Information

Current Weather

Like our Facebook Page