This School Is Authorized Under Federal Law To Enroll Non immigrant Alien Students
Learn to fly with us and get your private pilots license in two weeks!
Our Accelerated Private Pilot license or certificate, as its actually called, is only possible with dedication and hard work.
Students Requiring an M-1 Visa
The application process for International Students requires a few steps.
Students who are legally living in the US on a valid Visa may not need to apply for an M-1 Visa.
Each Visa type is different.
Some visas allow flight training while in the USA, other require that they get an M1.
People with Green Cards do not need an M-1 Visa. Canadians need an I-20, but do not need an M-1 Visa.
The best thing to do is contact us, so we can help you to make the process easier. Each individual is different and we need to make sure that we are conforming to all the rules.
For more information on the process of gaining TSA approval, click here.
If you require an M-1 Visa, you must receive clearance from the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) by submitting a SEVP I-20 Application to Tailwheels Etc. Once you have completed this application and paid your $1500 ( which includes your $500 International Processing fee), an I-20 will be mailed to you. Upon receipt of the I-20, you can make an appointment with your US Embassy or Consulate to obtain your M-1 Visa. You should apply for the Visa at least 120 days prior to your program start date. Once you receive the Visa, you may enter the United States no earlier than 30 days prior to your program start date.
How to Apply
International students must complete the following steps to attend Tailwheels Etc. Flight School:
- Fill out a Tailwheels Etc. Student Application.
- We will fill out a SEVIS I-20 Application for you and submit it(students requiring an M-1 Visa).
- Prior to the I-20 being processed, we must have received your $1500 deposit which includes the $500 International processing fee, in addition International students must fax or email copies of their passport and drivers license, date of birth, country of birth, address and phone number and proof of their ability to pay for their course and room and board. (This may be a current copy of a bank statement in the student's name or a credit card statement showing availability of funds.)
- Complete an on-line application for TSA clearance (to train in the US) at www.flightschoolcandidates.gov.
- Make an appointment to bring your I-20 to your US Embassy or consulate to obtain the M-1 Visa. You must bring the ORIGINAL I-20, signed in ink, to take to your appointment with the Embassy. Student must have completed the I-901C payment online. You must bring the original I20 and the I901C receipts with you to your embassy appointment.
- Student should schedule an appointment for fingerprinting, in their country of origin if possible. If you wait until you get to the USA, it will add up to an additional 2 weeks before you can start training. It depends upon the TSA and we have no control over the processing of fingerprints or the processing of TSA requests.
Please click the button below, and fill out the form with the required information.
Links to specific Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- What is the SEVIS I-901 fee?
- Who needs to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee?
- What documents do I need to complete the Form I-901?
- What are the options for fee payment?
- How can someone else pay the fee for me?
- When can I get my visa and/or enter the United States?
- What if I paid online and did not get a confirmation page?
Additional links for more information:
- List of all Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Detailed payment instructions
- Hints for making payments
- Help with fee payment problems
- More information on printing your receipt
- Translation tool: http://www.babelfish.altavista.com/
- Translation tool: http://dictionary.reference.com/translate/text.html
We will send a student information packet to you, upon receipt of your completed form.
We look forward to flying, with you, in Sunny Florida
Helpful Links For International Students
Like our Facebook Page