ALIEN FLIGHT STUDENT PROGRAM (AFSP)
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requires that as a prerequisite to flight training, non-US citizens must provide fingerprints, biographical information, including full name, passport and visa information and training specifics prior to beginning flight training.
Training can only commence following approval of your application, completion of fingerprinting and payment of a $130 application fee.
Students enrolling in flight training programs with Tailwheels Etc. will be applying for Category 3 (rating or certification) or Category 4 (recurrent) flight training and can expect a minimum of 7 days to complete the TSA approval process.
Below, we have provided some helpful instructions to complete the application process:
- 1. Visit the TSA website at www.flightschoolcandidates.gov.
- 2. Complete the Foreign Student Application. (9-10 pages).
YOU SHOULD ALREADY BE ENROLLED WITH YOUR $1,500 DEPOSIT RECEIVED BY TAILWHEELS ETC.FLIGHT SCHOOL, BEFORE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION.
- A. School Name: Tailwheels Etc.
- B. Course Name: Choose your course (i.e.; Private Pilot).
- C. Course ID#: Private Pilot (PPL101), Instrument Rating (IFR101), Multi-Engine Rating Add-On (MEL101).
- D. Type of Plane: c150, c172, pa28.
- E. Estimated Start Date: Enter a start and end date that approximates when you want to commence training and complete training. This can be an estimate, however; you will not be able to start before the commencement date. The TSA will automatically allow you to attend training for one full year in any course (not longer).
- F. Category: 3 initial
- G. Student ID: Not Required.
- 3. Once you have completed and submitted this application, the TSA will request that Tailwheels Etc. validates you as a potential student. We will do so for individuals who have enrolled in one of our flight courses and whose deposit we have in our possession.
- 4. The TSA will then send you instructions for the fingerprinting process. You will need to complete the fingerprinting process, in your own country,and submit a $130 application fee to the TSA.
- 5. Once the TSA has acknowledged receipt of the required documentation and fees, Tailwheels Etc. will be sent (via e-mail) a final document approving the student to begin training.
Please contact us by phone at 1 (863) 401-3592 or e-mail us if we may assist you in any way during this process.
For more information on student visas CLICK HERE.
You may also contact the AFSP help Desk at1 (703) 542-1222 or email@example.com. They are very helpful and respond quickly to questions.
Like our Facebook Page